ARCHDEKK is an Independent Studio of Khoa Vu.
The works focuses on the architecture that situates between the measurable rationality of built form and the immeasurable phenomenology of space. Only then could architecture contribute to the sustainable growth of the built environment while engaging with human embodied experience and perception.
Khoa holds a Master of Architecture at Harvard Graduate School of Design with Distinction. He is a winner of Araldo Cossutta Prize 2017 for Design Excellence and a recipient of Department of Architecture Faculty Design Award 2019.
Khoa was born and raised in Vietnam before moving to the US. Prior to Harvard GSD, he earned a Bachelor of Art in Architecture with High Honors from the University of California, Berkeley where he received the Eisner Prize 2015 for highest achievement in the creative art in architecture. He has worked at architectural offices in the US, Europe and Japan. His work was recently exhibited at Milan Design Week as a part of Lexus Design Award Panelist Winners 2019.
07. 2019 / GRAYSCALE is selected to be exhibited at Dean’s Wall / Oct - Dec 2019 / Harvard GSD
05. 2019 / Department of Architecture Faculty Award 2019 / Harvard GSD
01. 2019 / Interview by Voyage LA Magazine / Meet Khoa Vu of ARCHDEKK
10. 2018 / Publishing Object 001 / Zine / Collaborative work with Mahfuz Sultan, Chole Sultan, and Printed Matter Inc. at Art Book Fair at Moma PS1 / Published by CHAOS Books
10. 2018 / Attending Alvar Alto Residency / Finland / Sponsored by Tradeka Foundation, Finland
09. 2018 / Attending Venice Biennale 2018 / Workshop "Vardiya (the Shift)" / The Turkish Pavilion
06.2018 / Winner of MAD Travel Fellowship 2018 / Travel Destinations: England, Switzerland, Japan
Research topic: Space Organism / A search for a new invention in contemporary architecture
04. 2018 / Exhibition of “CO-living at Milan Design Week / Panelist Winner of Lexus Design Award 2018 / Partner: Wilson Harkhono
02. 2018 / Attending ETH Zurich / Study Exchange Program / Studio: Christian Kerez
05. 2017 / Winner of Araldo A. Cossutta Prize for Design Excellence / Harvard GSD
One year full tuition fellowship is awarded to one student who has successfully completed the core
MArch program and whose design work consistently shows outstanding promise.
03.2017 / Completion: Rehab Station Bar / 5000sf / Hochiminh City, Vietnam / Renovation & Concept
02. 2016 / Completion: The Yen Concept Store 2000sf | Hochiminh City, Vietnam / Interior Renovation
04.2015 / Winner of Eisner Prize for Architecture / UC Berkeley / Outstanding creative achievement in architecture